The IED Madrid School of Design is holding a scholarship competition for the European Master of Fine Art Photography. The competition is already open for participation and the deadline is November 24, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. (Madrid time).
At this point in time, the European Master of Fine Art Photography is the most ambitious proposal for training in artistic photography, and aspires to be a meeting point for artists and professionals to enrich this field in Spain. The academic program, offered in Spanish and English, focuses on the creation of an artistic project and relies on international artists and theorists among its faculty, such as Martin Parr, Elger Esser, Alejandro Castellote and Joan Fontcuberta.
* One first prize for the amount of 9,000 €.
* Two second prizes for the amount of 4,500 € each.
Don’t wait until the last minute! Prepare all the necessary documentation as soon as possible to avoid any last minute inconveniences!
Based on your location, internet provider and stability of your broad band frequency, you may encounter a series of conditions that have impeded people’s last-minute participation in previous competitions.
Deadline: November 24, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. (Madrid time).
European Master of Fine Art Photography (START DATE: April 10, 2012)
Please read the legal competition rules below.
THE JUDGES’ DECISION WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2011 AT 6:00 P.M., MADRID TIME, at iedmadrid.com
The first prize covers the Master’s program fee in the amount of 9,000 €. There are also two second prizes that cover 50% of the program fee, in the amount of 4,500 € each.
The judges will consist of a panel of experts, including Martin Parr, Elger Esser, Alejandro Castellote y Joan Fontcuberta.
1. People of any nationality and origin may participate.
2. The scholarships are awarded, subject to discretion, based on the documentation received and the candidate’s potential for development. Pre-selected applicants may be contacted to conduct a brief interview in person, by phone or using Skype.
3. Awards. One first prize covering the program fee, in the amount of 9,000€. Two second prizes covering 50% of the program fee, in the amount of 4,500€ each.
4. Both the first and second prize winners must pay the registration fee, which is 3,500€.
5. The winners must pay the registration fee within one week of receiving notification of the scholarship award.
6. Regulations. The winners must know and comply with the rules contained in the general regulations of the IED Madrid, as well as accept and sign the specific regulations for scholarship winners within one week of receiving notification of the scholarship award.
7. The winners must study the entire Master at the IED Madrid, and will lose the scholarship if they transfer to another location.
8. Minimum of 90% class attendance.
9. The scholarship winners must actively participate in all special and multidisciplinary projects as proposed by the school: presentation events, tutored competitions and workshops.
10. The scholarship winners must actively participate in the documentation of the Master’s activities, blog maintenance, description of trips, workshops, conferences, etc.
11. If the Master’s program is not held due to not reaching the minimum number of required students for the program, the winners will lose their scholarships.
12. Not attending the course in the 2011 academic year will lead to the loss of the scholarship.
13. Incompliance with any of the described obligations will lead to the loss of the scholarship.
14. The scholarship winners must authorize the appearance of their name in the informative newsletter NewsPoint and other IED promotional materials.
15. The deadline to participate in the scholarship competition is November 24th, 2011 at 10:00 a.m., Madrid time.
16. The judges’ decision will be announced on December 2nd, 2011 at 6:00 pm., Madrid time, on the website: iedmadrid.com
17. In accordance with the Constitutional Law 25/1999 for Personal Data Protection, dated the 13th of December, we would like to inform you that your personal and professional data provided has been incorporated into an automatic database called CLIENTES, property of the Istituto Europeo di Design S.L., with the objective of offering you information of interest based on your professional profile.
We would also like to inform you of the right to access, correct, cancel or oppose this data, which may be exercised in writing to the following address: Istituto Europeo di Design, Calle Larra, 14, 28004 MADRID or the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Participation in this competition assumes the acceptance of these rules.
* These rules are correct, except for any typographical errors.