Do you want to specialise in photography? Join our landmark programme, the European Master of Fine Art Photography, which begins its fifth edition in April 2015.
We offer practical and innovative training with a unique master based on the development of an individual project, and on the excellence of its teachers: Alejandro Castellote, Elger Esser, Joan Fontcuberta, Andreas Müller-Pohle, Martin Parr and Simon Roberts, to name just a few.
Take part in the competition and win a scholarship!
A scholarship covering 100% of the tuition fees, equivalent to 8,500 euros. The winner will have to pay the course registration fee (€4,000).
Deadline for the receipt of works: 20th of November 2014 at 18:00, Madrid time (GMT+1).
The winners will be announced on the 27th of November 2014 at 18:00, Madrid time (GMT +1).
The names of the winners will be published on www.iedmadrid.com.
LEGAL CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION
1. People of any origin or nationality can take part.
2. The scholarships are awarded in a discretional way, based on the documentation received and the development potential of the candidate. The pre-selected applicants will be contacted for a brief interview in person, by telephone or skype.
3. The European Master in Fine Art Photography is given in English. There are some activities, case studies and lectures which are given in Spanish with simultaneous translation. A medium-high level of English is required.
4. Dynamics of the competition: the participants will have to fill out the competition application form, attaching their curriculum vitae, portfolio and a motivation letter.
5. Prize: One scholarship for the European Master in Fine Art Photography equivalent to €8,500 off the course fee *.
6. The winner will have to pay the course registration fee (€4,000).
7. In no case are the scholarship amounts repayable in cash.
8. To receive the scholarship it is ESSENTIAL to enrol and pay the registration fee within a period of 15 days starting from 27th of November, 2014 the date of the announcement of the winners.
9. Rules. Winner must be aware of and observe the rules contained in the general regulations of the IED Madrid, and accept and sign the specific regulations for scholarship holders within a period of a week from the announcement of the awarding of the prize.
10. Winner must study the whole of the Master in the IED Madrid, and risk losing the scholarship if they transfer to another centre.
11. 90% minimum attendance at classes.
12. The scholarship holders must actively participate in all the special and multidisciplinary projects proposed by the school: presentation events, supervised competitions and workshops.
13. The scholarship holders must actively participate in the documentation of the Master activities, maintenance of the blog, description of journeys, workshops, lectures, etc.
14. The Master course will not take place if the minimum number of students is not reached, This will mean the loss of the scholarship.
15. The cancellation of the course during the official announcement of 2015 will give rise to the loss of the scholarship.
16. Failure to comply with any of the obligations described will mean the loss of the scholarship.
17. The scholarship holders give their consent to their name appearing in the Newspoint bulletin and other promotional materials of the IED.
18. The participation period ends on the 20th November, 2014 at 18:00, Madrid time.
19. The judges decision will be announced on the 27th of November, 2014 at 18:00, Madrid time, via iedmadrid.com.
20. In accordance with Organic Law 25/1999 of the 13th of December, regarding Personal Data Protection, we inform you of the inclusion of your personal and professional data to an automated file entitled STUDENTS and FORMER STUDENTS, managed by the Istituto Europeo di Design S.L., with the aim of offering you information on the administrative processing of your academic record, course and training applications, information, scholarships and grants, events, workshops and any other promotional purpose. You are likewise informed of your righto to access, rectify, cancel and oppose the use of your data, by writing to the following address: Istituto Europeo di Design, calle Larra, 14 28004 Madrid o firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Participation in this competition entails the acceptance of these conditions **.
*The expenses of additional didactic activities are not included in the scholarship amount.
**These conditions are correct except for printing errors and can be found at www.iedmadrid.com.
Photo: Inge Trienekens. Nearly there, from the series Zoological.