The Exchange Study Program applicants must be enrolled in a higher education institution, which has signed an inter-institutional exchange agreement with the IED Group.You can find the list of institutions with an agreement with the IED network here.
You must be officially nominated by your institution before applying. Student must be in good academic standing at their Home University and have completed at least one year of university study upon the start of the mobility.
- 1st semester: May 15th
- 2nd semester: October 15th
- 1st semester: May 30th
- 2nd semester: October 30th
- 1st semester: September 16th to January 31st
- 2nd semester: February 3rd to middle of June
- Application Form
- Motivation Letter
- Transcript of records
- Copy of Passport/ID card
- Portfolio (10-15 slides – digital)
- The students must certify a B1 level of Spanish or English, depending on the language of the courses they are applying for. Although a B2 level will be better valued. We also accept formal letters from their home institutions, certifying the language level.
- Non European Students must apply for their student visa in their origin countries, before coming to IED. It is recommended not to come with tourist visa.
All of the documentation should be sent before the established deadline via e-mail (max. 5Mb), or via WeTransfer to the following contacts:
IED Madrid: Diego Rivera, firstname.lastname@example.org
IED Barcelona: Esther Venegas, email@example.com
IED Kunsthal Bilbao: Oficina Internacional, firstname.lastname@example.org
Exchange students must indicate the program they are applying to on the Application Form. They may choose one program from both Madrid and Barcelona as long as they comply with the language requirements. You will find the course offer below:
Exchange students are accepted in 2º or 3º year depending of the level of the portfolio. Upon acceptance, students will be sent a learning agreement with the course offer from which they must choose 20 to 30 ECTS credits.
Madrid is a city with infinite opportunities to explore. There is something for everyone. It is an international and multicultural that maintains its Spanish feel.
You will find all of the information you need for moving to Madrid and taking advantage of Madrid in our Student Guide.
Barcelona is know around the world for Design. This creative spirit is reflected in its social and cultural activities in the city. The students will find all the information they need to move to Barcelona and enjoy everything it offers in the Student Center.
Bilbao, the cosmopolitan capital of the Basque Country, offers a wide variety of tourist attractions like its fantastic old town, the iconic Guggenheim Museum and of course its gastronomy. Students will find all the information they need to make their move to Bilbao and enjoy it to the full at this link.