If there is not a previous agreement between your institution and IED, you can still apply as an exchange student through the Study Abroad Program.
What does it include?
- 20-30 ECTS (Undergraduate programs) or IED credits (Diploma programs)
- Student Center services (housing, visa, etc)
- Spanish language classes
- Welcome days
- Transcript of Records
Erasmus students must indicate the program they are applying to on the Application form. They may choose one program from both Madrid and Barcelona as long as they comply with the language requirements. You will find the course offer below:
Study Abroad students are accepted in 2º or 3º year depending of the level of the portfolio. Upon acceptance, students will be sent a learning agreement with the course offer from which they must choose 20 to 30 ECTS credits.
The cost of the program depends on the course selection and number of credits. There is no application fee; however, the tuition fee must be paid after acceptance in order to enroll you.
- 1st semester: September 16th to January 31st
- 2nd semester: February 3rd to middle of June
Student Life in Madrid
Madrid is a city with infinite opportunities to explore. There is something for everyone. It is an international and multicultural that maintains its Spanish feel.
You will find all of the information you need for moving to Madrid and taking advantage of Madrid in our Student Center here.
Student Life in Barcelona
Barcelona is know around the world for Design. This creative spirit is reflected in its social and cultural activities in the city. The students will find all the information they need to move to Barcelona and enjoy everything it offers here.
If you wish to ensure your credit transfer to your home institution, we highly recommend that you obtain a pre-approval for the classes before applying. You should speak to your international office and head of studies about the process at your institution. We can sign an academic agreement before your mobility to ensure the credit transfer.
- 1st semester: May 31st
- 2nd semester: November 1st
- Application Form
- Motivation Letter
- Transcript of records
- Copy of Passport
- Portfolio (10-15 slides – digital)
- Students should demonstrate sufficient knowledge to follow and participate in class. If the student does not currently take classes in the language of instruction (Spanish for Madrid and English or Spanish for Barcelona) must provide a B1 Spanish certification level, although it is reccommended student have a B2 level. We also accept formal letter certifying their Spanish level, from their home universities.
- Non European Students must apply for their student visa in their origin countries, before coming to IED. It is recommended not to come with tourist visa.