The Exchange Study Program applicants must be enrolled in a higher education institution, which has signed an inter-institutional exchange agreement with the IED Group.You can find the list of institutions with an agreement with the IED network here.
You must be officially nominated by your institution before applying. Student must be in good academic standing at their Home University and have completed at least one year of university study upon the start of the mobility.
- 1st semester: May 15th
- 2nd semester: October 15th
- 1st semester: May 31st
- 2nd semester: November 1st
- 1st semester: September 16th to January 31st
- 2nd semester: February 3rd to middle of June
The Madrileña Life
Madrid is a city with infinite opportunities to explore. There is something for everyone. It is an international and multicultural that maintains its Spanish feel.
You will find all of the information you need for moving to Madrid and taking advantage of Madrid in our Student Center here.
Life in Barcelona
Barcelona is know around the world for Design. This creative spirit is reflected in its social and cultural activities in the city. The students will find all the information they need to move to Barcelona and enjoy everything it offers here.
- Application Form
- Motivation Letter
- Transcript of records
- Copy of Passport/ID card
- Portfolio (10-15 slides – digital)
- Students should demonstrate sufficient knowledge to follow and participate in class. If the student does not currently take classes in the language of instruction (Spanish for Madrid and English or Spanish for Barcelona) must provide a B1 Spanish certification level, although it is reccommended student have a B2 level. We also accept formal letter certifying their Spanish level, from their home universities.
- Non European Students must apply for their student visa in their origin countries, before coming to IED. It is recommended not to come with tourist visa.
The documentation will be sent within the established deadline, through e-mail (max. 5Mb) or WeTransfer to: email@example.com for Madrid and firstname.lastname@example.org for Barcelona.
Exchange students must indicate the program they are applying to on the Application Form. They may choose one program from both Madrid and Barcelona as long as they comply with the language requirements. You will find the course offer below:
Exchange students are accepted in 2º or 3º year depending of the level of the portfolio. Upon acceptance, students will be sent a learning agreement with the course offer from which they must choose 20 to 30 ECTS credits.