Where can I go?
At the Istituto Europeo di Design we have many Erasmus agreements across Europe. To explore your options, CLICK THE MAP BELOW, which contains details about the destinations.
Erasmus host institution options for undergraduate degrees in: Product Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Fashion Design
- Be enrolled at IED during the mobility period
- Have passed all of your classes from 1st and 2nd year before the mobility
- We recommend having good grade point average
- EU students must have the European Health Card before their mobility
- Non-EU students must have a private health insurance before their mobility
- Have a European nationality or of another country that participates in the Erasmus + Program or a valid current TIE (student residency permit)
- The mobility period will be 1 or 2 semesters
- Show you have the language level required by the receiving institution.
- Application Form (up to 2 universities)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter in the language of destination country
- Transcript of records for 1st year (certificado de notas). (For Madrid: You can obtain it via e-mail at Departamento de Coordinación Académica – email@example.com within 15 days)
- Portfolio via e-mail (max. 5Mb) or via WeTransfer
- Language Certificate (optional)
- Copy of DNI/passport/current TIE
- *It is possible you will be called for an interview
- Portfolio (30%)
- Transcript of records (30%)
- Motivation Letter (20%)
- Personal Interview (20%)
- Call opens - 1st of December 2018
- Call closes - 1st of February 2019
- Initial resolution - 22nd of February 2019
- Acceptance of the scholarship - 1st of March 2019
- Final resolution - 1st of July 2019
- Mobility period - Academic year 2019/2020
All of the documentation should be sent before the established deadline via e-mail (max. 5Mb), or via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org for IED Madrid and email@example.com for IED Barcelona.
"Making friends went way smoother than I expected. I can say with confidence that the people I have met, will stay in my circle. The school trip to Venice, has been a big “social boost” as well. 40 Interior design students and 3 teachers spending a week drawing, talking and learning about architecture. This trip was absolutely worth it and a ‘must’ for design students. Overall, being in Paris for a few months, studying in this inspiring neighbourhood, was an absolute dream. I could not have imagined a better Erasmus than the one I had. I expected less, I got more. In my opinion, Erasmus should be recommended to all students and students should be more pushed to do so."
"At school, I felt very comfortable. As soon as I got there, the school secretary took care of giving us all the informations we need, she was very warming and attentive. The students (erasmus and home university) were very welcoming, I got to meet wonderful future designers. I loved my teachers, they were professional, they connected with the students, and helped us having baggages for the future. I am satisfied of the work done this semester, seeing another way of teaching design helped me have another perspective, and improve my way of thinking and working on concepts. I am very happy with my exchange experience; thank you for the opportunity! I deeply encourage any other student to do the same (in any other country!)"
- IED Barcelona students - Erasmus in Paris