This summer, learn fun illustration, animation and videogames techniques while practising English, and doing what you like best: drawing!
On this course you will come up with your own stories, discover the mechanisms of motion graphics and learn the necessary techniques to develop your own videogames and become an inventor.You will learn the tricks needed to bring your ideas to life.
The Illustration, Animation and Videogames Summer Course will take place in July at the IED Madrid headquarter: Calle Flor Alta 8 (Palacio de Altamira).
Duration: 2 weeks
Timetable: from Monday to Friday 10:00 to 14:00
The Illustration, Animation and Videogames Summer Junior Course is aimed at teens from 14-18 years of age. During the course, the students will learn the most commonplace techniques in illustration and in the design of motion graphics.
Week 1: Illustration and Animation
- Take a look around, observe in a productive way
- Portrait and self-portrait
- The city at your feet: drawing your surroundings
- The power to imagine: create your own universe
- Do It Yourself: how to customise your favourite garments and objects
- From paper to the screen: vector drawing can be cool too
- Designing characters and narratives: from image to text
Week 2: Animation and Videogames
- Create your world from almost nothing: Stop motion and Lo-Fi Illusionism
- Learn to design in movement: my first Motion Graphics
- Hello World! Programing is easy
- Our best friend: Unity 3D
- Graphics and videogames: drawing was never as fun as this
- From the script to playability: what to tell and how to play