Introduction to the creative process in graphic design. You will learn to display your creativity, design, develop and communicate your projects with the IED methodology and the masterclasses taught by prestigious professionals.
Prestigious designers who have studied at the IED will tell you how they interpret and put into practice the creative process.
Relajaelcoco a Madrid-based graphic design studio founded by Pablo Galeano and Francesco Furno. Each project is developed using a methodology that ensures the best customer experience. Relajaelcoco has experience in graphic design, strategic and branding design, computer graphics, editorial design, digital product and user experience.
They have carried out projects for clients such as Campari, Guillermo del Toro, Jot Down Magazine, Cabify, Volkswagen, and BBVA, among others.
This course introduces and develops the creative thinking and the design project methodology that are characteristic of a designer, and introduces the basic principles of design, as well as perceptive and analytical training in the use of graphic language as a means of conceiving and transmitting ideas. It proposes a crossover knowledge between visual art, creativity, communication, narrative, and graphic design to understand how to work in the creative careers and in contemporary design studies.
The course is aimed at all those who have a vocation for the creative disciplines but have never been able to go deeper into their methodology, their secrets and their tools. It is also for all those who want to explore the lands of creativity, understand them and discover in them a possible professional development towards creative companies or creative profiles that are increasingly in demand in the labour market.
- For those who are passionate about the worlds of graphic design, visual communication and creativity.
- For those who are interested in knowing how the creative processes are developed in the graphic design world.
- For those who are interested in redirecting their professional career towards creative disciplines
- For those who are interested in improving their knowledge of disruptive thinking methods
- To understand the creative process in Graphic Design.
- Discover how great designers create and develop their creative proposals.
- Learn the steps to get inspired, generate ideas, build them and communicate them
- Apply a method that allows creative talent to be strengthened and deployed
The course is divided into 6 weekly modules that the student discovers gradually guided by the teachers and tutors of the course.
The 6 modules of the creative process are:
- Context: Evolution, characteristics, analysis and current strategies in the Graphic Design Sector.
- Trends: Origin, background, and analysis of trends to decode them, and how to use them in the creative process.
- Inspiration and Ideation: References in the creative process. Difference between references and inspiration images, visual literacy method, selection and classification. The concept map.
- Creation: Phases and characteristics of a fashion collection, strategies for approaching the research phase and transforming it into the starting point of your personal idea.
- Project and Prototype: The concreteness of the project and the prototyping process.
- Communication: Processes to identify the most effective communication strategies to transmit the qualities and differential values of the proposal.
Our teachers are active professionals with a long experience working with the IED. They are familiar with our methodology and will complement the course content with synchronous classes, mentoring sessions, participation in forums, reviews and feedback on the activities.
The course is led by a coordinator, Carmen Collado, who also teaches the subjects of: Ideation / Creation / Project and Prototype.
A designer with an interdisciplinary character, she develops her career in the professional field in diverse areas of design (illustration, graphics, fashion, and visual art) combining her teaching activity in different universities with her artistic production and her research work at a theoretical level.
Collaborating in this course:
Online Course Creative Process in Graphic Design
- Type of course : Online Course
- Language : English
- School: Visual Communication
- Start date: 18 October 2021
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Timetable : Afternoon-Evening
- Attendance: e-Learning
- Qualification: Private
- Enrollment rate: 450 €